YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE WAS CONFISCATED, YOU NOW HAVE LOST YOUR DRIVING PRIVILEGES. FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF HIGHWAY SAFETY & MOTOR VEHICLES (DHSMV) HAS BEEN NOTIFIED. WITHIN 10 DAYS OF YOUR ARREST, YOU MUST DO THE FOLLOWING IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN:
- YOUR DRIVING PRIVILEGES WITHOUT INTERRUPTION
- YOU MUST COMPLETE REGISTRATION IN OUR DUI PROGRAM
- YOU THEN WILL BE ISSUED A RECEIPT FOR YOUR REGISTRATION AND THIS RECEIPT MUST BE
PRESENTED IN PERSON TO THE DMV WITH THE ORIGINAL CITATION ISSUED BY THE ARRESTING LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY
- PAY THE MANDATORY REGULATED FEES DICTATED BY ALL GOVERNING AGENCIES
SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETING THESE REQUIREMENTS WILL ENABLE YOU TO HAVE YOUR DRIVING PRIVILEGES EXTENDED WITHOUT INTERRUPTION WHILE YOU CASE IS PROCESSED. COUNTY RECORDS INDICATE THAT YOU WERE RECENTLY ARRESTED FOR DUI
If you want to keep driving while your case is pending, you must get a “Hardship License”. A “Hardship license” does not restore your full driving privileges. Instead, it permits you to drive with restrictions during the period of revocation or suspension.
First DUI Arrest:
- Enroll in a DUI program.
- Present enrollment receipt and citation to the Bureau of Administrative Review (BAR).
- Pay their $25 filing fee and $205 reinstatement fees.
- Waive your right to have a hearing officer review your citation.
- Get a restricted purposes license without additional waiting period or review.
- If enrolled for the first time, no need to wait; otherwise, there might be a 30-day waiting period.
- Complete evaluation and class within 90 days of enrollment.
- If it takes longer than 90 days, re-enrollment and fee payment might be required.
Second or Subsequent DUI, or Refusal to Test:
- Directly contact the Bureau of Administrative Review (BAR).
- Details about the process and requirements will be provided by the BAR.
Boca Bay DUI Program Inc. is a Florida licensed DUI program in the 17th Judicial Circuit that can help with enrollment in a DUI School. If you register yourself online, you can print your Proof of Enrollment immediately thereafter. Otherwise, you have the option of requesting one via email or postal mail, as well as picking it up at one of our offices.
Please feel free to contact a DUI representative at either of the above area offices to answer any questions you may have or to assist you with your enrollment.
IF YOU ARE ARRESTED FOR DUI YOU MUST ENROLL